Happy May Day Guys!!!!
What better way to start May than with a motivational Monday muse. Speaking of motivation . . . . did I tell you I have loved (and I mean LOVED) reading all of the ‘Real Results’ client blogs?!! They have been inspiring, heart warming and of course beautifully written . . . We cannot stress enough, how much you inspire us daily! Well actually we could (and we will) but let’s save that for another blog 😉
Can you believe it’s May?! Lets rejoice and welcome the lighter nights, longer days, Vitamin D and the start of ‘Al Fresco’ dining (a barre team favourite)!! Most of you reading this were in studio today. You ALL worked your Barre butts off !!! Let’s be honest ,the heat in the studios can vouch for that 😉 . It’s a great way to start your week and to burn off the long weekend!!!
We open our doors on some bank holidays every year and have been for a couple of years now. Some people think we’re mad but to us and to you guys it’s just well . . . the norm. Barre to us and to you is a lifestyle. It’s just how we roll.
The best results that you will ever achieve both mentally and physically (in anything you put your mind to) are when you make something part of your daily routine. It then becomes habitual. Not a hassle or a hindrance just something that you do because it makes you YOU.
Hence where the term ‘Barre Life’ stems from; you may recognise this term. It’s our go to answer to a very commonly asked question . . .
‘What do I need to do to reach my personal goals and how do I do it’?!
Whether that’s losing weight, toning up, building muscle, ‘de-stressing’, learning or maintaining a hobby the answer is always the same. Make Barre a consistent part of your life. The rest will follow.
But how do I do that?
Here are a few pointers that may just help you:
- Book your barre schedule in advance – don’t leave it till last minute (nobody likes a wait-list).
- Balance your schedule – mix it up and utilise our extensive range of classes. Challenge different muscle groups. Don’t just stick to the same class. Keep yourself mentally challenged as well as physically.
- Take your Barre Kit to work, get changed at work orrrr if you feel that your colleagues won’t enjoy your sassy leg warmers as much as we do . . then we have changing rooms. Oh, we also have spare kit if you ever encounter a legging mishap.
- Have evening or weekend plans?! Work your barre schedule around them. Take your barre class, get ready in studio and meet your company afterwards. Your only a skip,hop and a plies away from the most gorgeous bars and eateries. Just pack some dry shampoo and meet them after.
- And if you really can’t afford to be that bit later to your arrangements then why not just squeeze in an express class. A cheeky 30 mins when it comes to plans is neither here nor there.
- Reward yourself. They say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. We strongly disagree . . . nothing tastes as good as a post Barre tipple or tea. Besides, skinny is not a word we use at Barre – it’s so 2000 and late *cue eye roll*.
- Barre hard. A consistent exercise schedule dictates you work out at least 4 times a week. Whenever that may be or for how ever long. If you can’t fit in 4 separate days then join the double whammy crew and layer it on.
- And lastly. Fall in love with your schedule, make it part of who you are and what you do. Treat your body with the respect it deserves and utilise it. It’ll thank you.
Life sometimes moves so quickly. Days blend in to weeks, weeks into months and months into years. Enjoy every day for what it is and use your body to its potential. Make Barre a part of you, just like YOU are a part of The Barre.
And that’s what we mean by #BarreLife !
See you soon Barre Crew 🙂